Saturday, July 19, 2014

It's A Flop

Well, I e-mailed the Jessamine County Historical Society. They sent me what the had on William Lears, mostly in Garrard County, and even checked Jessamine County wills for me to no avail. So far, nadda. Next I have to check with Garrard County Historical Society, if there is one, and see what they have in the way of wills.  Oh, and I sent Jessamine County Historical Society my application and membership fee. A lovely person there was very helpful for me.

In the meantime, I have worked on my ancestor Jeremiah Bentley. I have seen a lot of naysayers who said that my ancestor, Mary Ann Bentley, was not Jeremiah's daughter. I have also seen his service at Valley Forge questioned. However, I recently found the transcript of a letter from another of Jeremiah's daughters mentioning Mary's son, Robert Bailey, so I feel that we can pretty certainly rule her as his daughter.  Also, I found Jeremiah's actual service record (not just his pension testimony), and he is indeed on the muster rolls at Valley Forge, and there are notes that he was in the Yellow Springs hospital for a lot of the time. Pretty neat stuff. I have a lot of DNA matches on autosomal tests with descendants of other children of Jeremiah. Glad that he is my ancestor. He was a cool dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment