Sunday, June 22, 2014

Jessamine County Historical Society

I got a reply back from my query to the Jessamine County Historical Society about my William Lear. They had a William B. Lear and wife Tabitha on the 1860 and 1870 census in Garrard County, KY.  The fact that they were alive in 1860 and 1870 would suggest they are not my William Lear's father, although that is not for certain.  They did, however, have 3 unmarried daughters, two definitely old enough to be considered spinsters.  However, two of those daughters died in the 1870s, which might be a bit early to be the spinster sisters William claimed to have seen when he went back to KY later in life. I would think later in life would not mean within 10 years of having left KY.  We shall see how this pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment